Brazen Beau stock firing

News and events relating to Lord Lodge, horses, industry news etc.
Darwin Scribe

Brazen Beau stock firing

Post by Darwin Scribe » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:12 am

Col has a few nice youngsters by Brazen Beau and I honestly believe they will not be seen at best until they are three year olds. Dad was a handy two year old but he rose to an entirely new level as a three year old and I think this will be the case with his stock. Interestingly I looked BB up the other day at his Darley Stud and wonder how many realise he has 5 winners in his first season at stud in Europe.

Darwin Scribe

Re: Brazen Beau stock firing

Post by Darwin Scribe » Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:52 pm

Didn't beat much at Ballarat today but it was the way he won that impressed. Over-raced a fair bit in middle stages but once he settled into a rhythm in straight he put them to the sword quickly. In the end Mertens was easing it down with 50m to go and won with a fair bit in hand. Will make a nice three year old.

Darwin Scribe

Post by Darwin Scribe » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:02 am

I have previously mentioned I think Brazen Beau's stock won't be seen at their best till they turn three. Well events are showing that might just be the case. And I think one or two of them might turn out top class sprinters with maturity like their father. LL has a few that might also add to the BB winning list.

Darwin Scribe

Post by Darwin Scribe » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:12 am

Pretty Brazen's Sandown Guineas win shows the stock of Brazen Beau can get 1600m and I read somewhere that Brazen Beau is nicking nicely with mares by Redoute's Choice. Says a lot for the filly in LL stables out of Colerne who is by Redoute's Choice and was unbeaten on the racetrack alebeit only two starts. Think you will see more of the Brazen Beau stock come to the fore before this season is out