Vegas Knight

News and events relating to Lord Lodge, horses, industry news etc.
Darwin Scribe

Re: Vegas Knight

Post by Darwin Scribe » Sun May 03, 2020 9:56 am

I know I keep making excuses but for me he just did not like the going yesterday. It was as if he was getting bogger down with the weight and the heavy. Just hope Col perseveres with Adelaide if that run yesterday did not take too much out of him. Will see a different horse on firmer going and more distance.

Darwin Scribe

Post by Darwin Scribe » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:11 am

I have been wrong before but I thought this bloke looked a more rounded horse in the parade ring yesterday and he raced like it. Remember he has never been placed first up before and not really a soft or heavy track performer. Yet in the straight he really started to gobble them up in last 100m and few strides more would have finished third. Good to see him taken to outside in straight which is clearly his go. Fingers crossed for further runs this preparation

Darwin Scribe

Post by Darwin Scribe » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:44 am

They decided to ride more forward at Sandown and on straightening up he was there to seriously challenge but when they quickened he didn't until like he seems to do, get a second wind and boy did he unwind then. Actually his only win was on the synthetic when he led all the way and kicked in last 200m in that. Does this suggest later over more distance that he might be given chance to lead again. That one win of his was very impressive to me.

Darwin Scribe

Post by Darwin Scribe » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:11 pm

Now this is the horse who so easily won his maiden and on that occasion looked a good freegoing stayer in making. Well he proved that finally today at Caulfield.I think the secret is to let him bowl along unrestrained but with at least 3-4 lengths between he and second horse. Thing is he has another kick and showed that in first win. I loved his look in the yard and he seems a happier horse. No reason he could not win over more distance and I reckon an ideal race would be MV Cup where he could get away and dictate pace. Has also run well at the track.

Darwin Scribe

Post by Darwin Scribe » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:59 am

Had a relook at maiden win and then the win at Caulfield. On the synthetic he led clearly but gave a kick in straight and past the post was going away from them. At Caulfield same and if you look 100m past the post on the replays he is actually full of running and gone even further in front. He is only a four year old so methinks some good days in front.