Betty of Grable

News and events relating to Lord Lodge, horses, industry news etc.
Darwin Scribe

Betty of Grable

Post by Darwin Scribe » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:55 pm

Not sure I like the name but sure she is going to win more races than today's maiden (1400m) at Werribee. Only lightly raced...that being her fourth start and looks like she will run 2000m. She is out of a mare bred to go four miles so that helps. Good ride against by Ben Thompson.One of the things I like about this kid is when he realises it is going to be a close finish he gets down and rides hands and heels and pushes his mount's neck right out. It works! He did it one day at Flemington on No Commitment. Keep following both.

Darwin Scribe

Re: Betty of Grable

Post by Darwin Scribe » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:23 am

I am a bit non-plussed about her run last start. She looked a chance to me coming to turn but soon after looked to be not handling coming up hill to turn and whether she slipped, got on heels etc on straightening up it was a bit distressing to see Bowditch virtually slow her to a canter soon after as if she had broken down, bled or was just something was amiss. Apparently a vets lookover after the race or meeting found nothing. The run was totally out of character and whether or not it was the wet conditions underfoot or what I do not know but I would totally forget she went around.