Have a look at this!

News and events relating to Lord Lodge, horses, industry news etc.
Darwin Scribe

Have a look at this!

Post by Darwin Scribe » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:26 am

Lot 1247 at the Karaka Sales. She is a grey and I hope this link comes up for you...https://www.nzb.co.nz/sales/sale.cfm?or ... ale_id=209 She is by Redwood sire of Big Sur, Rising Red and a few other good gallopers. Long, long time since I have seen a filly stand over so much ground. Conformation is great. Looks to have great heart room and well proportioned front to rear. Legs look good and strong and already she stands over a bit of ground. Could be 16 hands later maybe even more. Relatively late foal and a final session entrant so might not be a big price.

Darwin Scribe

Ok dol this

Post by Darwin Scribe » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:27 am

clicked the link and it takes you to the catalogue on that day..just scroll down to 1247 then click on her pic.

Darwin Scribe

Re: Have a look at this!

Post by Darwin Scribe » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:05 pm

Clearly the final day of the Karaka Sales is for those still waiting around to buy an absolute bargain at rock bottom prices....and most of the buyers are from NZ with most Australian buyers not willing to go back for what might be termed the lesser lots. Well this grey filly made only $4000!
Mind you some of the lots were battling to get past a few thousand. I am just gobsmacked...she is a late foal and bred to stay all day so certainly giving her time to learn what the game is about and getting her to distances that would suit would take a year or two but I will hopefully be able to follow her career.