Our Campana

News and events relating to Lord Lodge, horses, industry news etc.
Darwin Scribe

Our Campana

Post by Darwin Scribe » Wed May 15, 2019 4:32 pm

No luck at all at Sandown today and when King got her to outside she really rattled home. Think the finishing effort would say she can run 1400m and considering she carried 59kgs probably at same track or Pakenham ...seems to like a long straight.

Darwin Scribe

Re: Our Campana

Post by Darwin Scribe » Fri May 17, 2019 3:47 pm

Big surprise...nothing in Stewards Report on her last run. For mine watching the stewards vision of the race which is head on in the straight, she was held up for running soon after entering straight and jock in desperation had switched to outside to get a run. Was shaking hands with those watching race and to finish as close as the horse did was a big run.

Darwin Scribe

Post by Darwin Scribe » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:07 pm

Williams rode her like a winner and dictated pace to suit. She did it softly in the end and I think can probably get 1400m. Has held her condition so well and in fact reminds me a lot for that reason with Kazio. Also liked the run of Betty of Grable in same race today. Got to line strongly and for mine appears to have come back a more mature horse and looking for 1600m and further.

Darwin Scribe

Post by Darwin Scribe » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Typically honest run against some smart gallopers. The winner is a very lightly raced import and I think seems destined to go places. The runner-up did okay with a big weight and Our Campana kept them busy for a little while. Think the LL runner might be wanting to have a rest because she has done a big job past few months.