Why you should get into a horse with LL

News and events relating to Lord Lodge, horses, industry news etc.
Darwin Scribe

Why you should get into a horse with LL

Post by Darwin Scribe » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:29 am

Unashamedly because I am Col's cousin and because I felt before and soon after he began racing that Vegas Knight might be a very good horse in the making, I think he has another, the filly by Brazen Beau from Colerne. Now let me give you some figures first never released before but because I did some homework. Of 17 horses in the stable who have raced, they have achieved $1,391,470 in stakemoney at an average of $81,851 per horse. Some are still very new into their careers. However they have raced 116 times and earnt $12,995 per start...i.e the 17 of them. Five or just under a third have won over $100,000 in prizemoney and another has won $83,000. So getting back to the Brazen Beau-Colerne. As I have said on here previously I believe the Brazen Beau's will be seen at their best as three year olds and onwards....anything they do at two will be improved on but that does not mean they cannot win at two. This filly is out of a Redoute's Choice mare who looked a definite city winner had she had the chance but after two starts for two wins had to be retired due to injury. I strongly believe therefore that this filly given the patient treatment Col gives them could be very very smart but additionally she has tremendous residual value as a broodmare.